- Product Description
Nurse Tana Amen’s latest cookbook, Healing ADD through Food on CD-ROM, with 90 easy, quick, delicious recipes that even PICKY kids and adults will love … designed to boost your brain and your body.
Section I - Practical tips and simple explanations to understanding which foods will help optimize ADD brains.
- Understand the gut brain connection, gut integrity, gut healing and why probiotics can help (Chloe’s pets)
- Feel Better Fast: Foods to Choose and Foods to Lose
- Sweet Lies, Low-fat Fallacies, and Sensible Substitutes
- Turbo Charge Brain Power with Herbs and Spices: These are so powerful they should be kept in your medicine cabinet instead of your kitchen cabinet.
- Getting Kids Involved (Including Husbands): Going From Defiance From to Desire
- Healthy Lunch Made Fun and Easy: What to Pack and What to Order
- Busting Through Budget Barriers
- From Disaster to Master: Brain Healthy Cooking Basics
Section II - Ninety simple and delicious recipes for increasing focus and attention. Includes:
- 12 “Go To Fast Food” Smoothies for breakfast (vegan friendly)
- 8 Breakfast recipes for focus and attention (most are vegetarian friendly)
- 6 Simple side soup and salad recipes (vegan friendly)
- 8 Super Easy Entrée Soups and Salads (can be adapted for vegans)
- 6 Simple Kid Favorite Poultry Dishes (chicken fingers and chicken wings, cacao turkey chili)
- 7 Simple Kid Favorite Seafood Dishes (Coconut Shrimp and Fat Head Fish Sticks)
- 5 Super Simple Meat Favorites your husband will love (15 minute Grilled Steak, Meat Balls, Short Ribs, Bison Meat Loaf…)
- Lots of Substitutes like delicious Grainless Maple Bread, Pumpkin Biscuits, Mashed Sweet Potatoes… (So much faster and easier than traditional recipes)
- Brain Boosting Sides that you will never believe are healthy! Like… chocolate sauce, coconut cream frosting (with 2 ingredients), chipotle nut cheese… so many more
- Simple Snacks for Kids: Protein Bars that taste like cookies, Pumpkin Bars, Pizza Snacks and Sweet Potato Chips
- Don’t forget the desserts! Blueberry Cobbler, Rootbeer Float, Chocolate Mousse, Orange Creamsicle Bar and many more…)
Section III - Resources
- Quick Start Guide
- Grocery Store Guide and Shopping List
- Link to Video: Pantry Cleanse, “Get Rid Of These Foods Now”
- Link to Video: “Stock Up On Staples”
After watching Healing ADD in 30 days, which I liked very much. Tana said she made up this cookbook for people with ADD and it had recipes that were short. There are some but most of them are from the Omni Book. Now don't get me wrong they are good, just way too many ingredients for me to deal with. This cookbook is not quite what I had expected.
(Posted on 1/21/15)