Search results for 'add in children book'
In Change Your Brain, Change Your Body, award winning psychiatrist and bestselling author Dr. Daniel Amen gives you 10 very simple steps that will help you:Learn More
• live longer
• look younger
• be thinner
• and decrease your risk for Alzheimer's disease, depression, heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
Based on his brain-imaging work with tens of thousands of patients from 75 different countries, he has discovered two of the major secrets why most diets don't work. And contrary to what you might think, they have nothing to do with your lack of desire to lose weight, or your willpower.
The first secret is that most weight problems occur between your ears. So stapling your stomach may in fact be working on the wrong organ. If you want a better body, the first place to always start is by having a better brain.
The second secret is that there is not one brain pattern associated with being overweight. There are at least five different patterns. And knowing about your specific brain type will make losing weight and keeping it off a whole lot easier.
This 2-Disc DVD set with bonus materials contains a 67 minute feature program plus 8 additional stories and an extensive question and answer session with audience.
Do you want to feel more fit, energized, and mentally sharp? You can!
The fountain of youth is literally between your ears. A healthy brain is the key to staying vibrant and alive for a long time and an unhealthy brain will take your life early. In this powerful special DVD, clinical neuroscientist and bestselling author Dr. Daniel Amen shares simple steps to boost your brain to help you live longer, look younger and dramatically decrease your risk for Alzheimer's disease.Learn More
Through his brain imaging work at the Amen Clinics with tens of thousands of patients from 68 countries over the last two decades Dr. Daniel Amen has come to understand that you can literally change your brain and change your life.
This is one of the most exciting breakthroughs in medicine, because with a better brain, always comes a better life.
Change Your Brain, Change Your Life DVD is an extended version of the breakthrough Public Television special. It is packed with helpful tips and practical brain science including:
- Dr. Amen's SEVEN simple principles to change your brain and change your life.
- The ONE question you should ask yourself everyday if you really want to be successful in your life.
- Tips on how to be happier, more focused, less anxious and less depressed by balancing three important brain systems.
- A sneaky "brain based strategy" to deal with the most difficult people in your life.
- Clear, concise and effective strategies to make your brain great.
- TWELVE brain-healthy foods everyone should include in their diet.
- Things you can do NOW to prevent Alzheimer's disease. (and he's not kidding)
The Brain in Love DVD - Public Television Special
In this highly entertaining, educational and important follow-up to his two highly successful public television pledge specials Change Your Brain, Change Your Life and Magnificent Mind At Any Age, Dr. Daniel Amen explores the interplay between the brain and our most intimate relationships.
If you want more passion in your life, this DVD is for you. This information applies whether you are single and want to be in a close relationship or you have been married for many years.
This DVD plus bonus materials contains an extended version of the program that includes 6 additional stories. Plus, there is an extensive question and answer session with the audience. Some of the questions include:
- The impact of hormones on sex and what you can do about it
- The impact of emotional trauma on the brain and relationships
- How drug abuse affects the brain and relationships
- How brain injuries affect relationships
- How losing a beloved animal impacts the brain
Which Brain Do You Want? - The proof every person must see about drugs, alcohol and the brain!Learn More
Daniel G. Amen, M.D., Executive Producer
SEE FOR YOURSELF on DVD how drugs and alcohol damage your brain . . .
Meet five young people from different backgrounds, with different levels of substance abuse, including two who chose to stay clear of drugs or alcohol.
Hear their stories and learn about the impact their choices have had on the quality of their lives.
Next, look at the scans of their brains. See for yourself how their choices – good or bad – have affected the health of their brains.
The candid conversations between these young people and Dr. Amen are revealing. They want to know if it's too late . . . and they want another chance . . . now that they realize they DO have a choice.
The question echoes in their ears . . . Which Brain Do You Want?