In Change Your Brain, Change Your Body, award winning psychiatrist and bestselling author Dr. Daniel Amen gives you 10 very simple steps that will help you:Learn More
• live longer
• look younger
• be thinner
• and decrease your risk for Alzheimer's disease, depression, heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
Based on his brain-imaging work with tens of thousands of patients from 75 different countries, he has discovered two of the major secrets why most diets don't work. And contrary to what you might think, they have nothing to do with your lack of desire to lose weight, or your willpower.
The first secret is that most weight problems occur between your ears. So stapling your stomach may in fact be working on the wrong organ. If you want a better body, the first place to always start is by having a better brain.
The second secret is that there is not one brain pattern associated with being overweight. There are at least five different patterns. And knowing about your specific brain type will make losing weight and keeping it off a whole lot easier.
This 2-Disc DVD set with bonus materials contains a 67 minute feature program plus 8 additional stories and an extensive question and answer session with audience.
The key to a better body is a healthy brain. Based on the latest medical research, as well as on Dr. Amen’s two decades of clinical practice at the renowned Amen Clinics, Change Your Brain, Change Your Body shows you how to take the very best care of your brain. With fifteen practical, easy-to-implement solutions Dr. Amen shows you how to:
- Reach and maintain your ideal weight
- Soothe and smooth your skin at any age
- Reduce the stress that can impair your immune system
- Sharpen your memory
- Increase willpower and eliminate the cravings that keep you from achieving your exercise and diet goals
- Enhance sexual desire and performance
- Lower your blood pressure without medication
- Avoid depression and elevate the enjoyment you take in life’s pleasures
In this exciting 6 CD audio set Dr. Amen and his staff give you many practical ways on how to improve both your brain and your body.
Included in this package are:
- CD #1 Emergency Health Rescue Kit – Do These 10 Things First to Get Control of Your Brain and Your Body Today
- CD #2 A Detailed Guide to Brain Typing for Weight and Overall Health
- CD #3 Boost Your Brain to Lose Your Belly – 10 Strategies to Strengthen Your Brain and Your body
- CD #4 Natural Ways to Boost Your Brain and Body – The Amen Clinic Supplement Guide
- CD #5 ANT Therapy, Stress Busting and Overcoming the Obstacles to Getting a Better Brain and a Better Body
- CD #6 Hypnotic Sessions for weight loss, sleep, anxiety
The Secrets to Being Thinner, Smarter and Happier is a 6 hour, 6 CD outlining how to use the 10 solutions to lose weight and boost your mood and your memory.
Included in this package are:
- CD #1: 10 Simple Steps to Get Thinner, Smarter and Happier
- CD #2: A Detailed Guide to Brain Typing
- CD #3: The End of Emotional Overeating
- CD #4: Younger Next Year – Brain Based Strategies to Decelerate Aging and Decrease Your Risk for Alzheimer’s disease
- CD #5: Using Food As Medicine to be Thinner, Smarter and Happier
- CD #6: Natural
How can you tell about your brain without doing a scan? For many years Dr. Amen has been aware that most people will not be able to get their brains scanned, either because they are not near one of his clinics or because of the cost. Based on over 55,000 brain scans, Dr. Amen developed a wonderful set of questionnaires to help people see how their own brain functions. The questionnaires will only take about 25 minutes to complete and will help you understand the health of your brain and the type of weight issue you may have. There is also a “Bad Brain Habit Quiz” to help you know about how your day to day behavior affects the health of your brain. Plus, there is a series of questions that evaluate 5 different brain systems and depending on how you score, he gives you personalized suggestions on how to balance your specific brain. Of course, you should talk with your doctor, but this series of questionnaires will give you a great start to understanding your brain and specific ideas on what you need to do to make it healthy.Learn More